My articles have collectively had more than 1.5 million views in the past three years.
My writing spans creative non-fiction writing, copywriting, and scientific publications. As a researcher, I was struck by the lack of connection between science and the general public. Scientists work hard on research for years and publish papers, which are then seldom used. Many stakeholders, on the other hand, remain unaware of crucial advances because they cannot understand the scientific jargon used in academic papers. As a freelancer, I resolved to bridge the void between this need and vast sources of information.
I use my scientific background in my writing to explain complex phenomena or provide solutions to many of the urgent environmental challenges the world faces.
Creative Non-fiction Writing
In the last four years, I have created content for over 200 + articles and blog posts, based on information gathered from peer-reviewed papers and technical reports. The articles were for two online publications, and the blog posts were B2B and B2C web-content. I have also written college-level educational modules and white papers for private enterprises. Sources are cited or provided as links based on the reference styles preferred by the publishers.
For LTK, I have written 75 articles for three channels Green Living, Organics, and Herbs.
- Polar Ice Caps Melting
- Why is our Environment Important? (304 K views)
- Ways to Stop Pollution (363K views)
- How to Measure and Price Carbon Credits
- What is Soil Conservation?
- Are Seedless Watermelon GMO? Appeared in the channel on Organics.
- Medicinal Herbs of New Zealand was for the channel on Herbs.
Geography, countries, organic farming, national parks, etc. are the themes covered in the 39 articles and listicles written for Worldatlas. The two sample pieces for this publication are,
- Forest Layers, Stories, And Stratification,
- Afforestation and Reforestation
- What are the Differences Between Primary and Secondary Forests?
- Top 10 Countries With More Women Than Men
B2B and B2C
CID Bio-Science, Desjardin, AgriKinetics, Lumenari, etc. are the private companies for whom I have written B2B and B2C content. In most cases, this is creative articles. Samples of blog posts I have written are,
- Forest and Tree Canopy Analysis -Tools and Methods
- Tree, Crop, and Plant Stress – A Primer on Biotic and Abiotic Stressors
- The Popularity of Metal Cans Is Increasing
- Sustainable and Organic Cultivation of Miscanthus Giganteus
Of the three peer-reviewed articles on tropical forests, two are published in international journals, Wiley and Oxford University Press.
Kinhal V and N Parthasarathy. 2010. Nucleated succession by an endemic palm Phoenix pusilla enhances diversity of woody species in the arid Coromandel Coast of India. Annals of Botany Plants. https://doi.org/10.1093/aobpla/plq007 (Editor’s Choice)
Kinhal V and N Parthasarathy. 2008. Secondary succession and resource use in tropical fallows: A case study from the Coromandel Coast of South India. Land Degradation & Development 19: 649-662, http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ldr.868
Kinhal V and N Parthasarathy. 2008. Ecology of a dioecious palm Phoenix pusilla (Arecaceae), endemic to the Coromandel Coast of India. Indian Journal of Science and Technology 1: 1-7, http://www.indjst.org
For more details contact me here. Or write to me at my email email@example.com.