Who we are
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
All the cookies we collect are data that is voluntarily provided by you when you visit our website.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What data do we collect?
- Personal identification information (Name, and email address), if you have registered for new blog posts.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Voluntarily give feedback on any of our message boards.
- If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
How will we use your data?
- Let you access and use our website
- Keep you signed in
- Let you use the contact form submissions
- Send you information about new articles posted
- Understand how you use our website through Jetpack Version 5.7
We do not use your data for marketing or advertising.
How long will we keep your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they give in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We keep email addresses of people who have registered for information on blog posts indefinitely. You can let us know if you wish to unsubscribe from the mailing list.
We keep contact form entries and analytics records for a year.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request us to erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
What types of cookies do we use?
- Strictly necessary – Cookies necessary for you to view and use our website, and register.
- Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include your location.
- Third Party/Embedded Content – Links to other articles, pictures, or use of social media for sharing content set up cookies on third-party websites.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies; the website, aboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Embedded Content – Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org